Share Page:
  • Share on Twitter - opens in a new window
  • Share on Facebook - opens in a new window
  • Share on LinkedIn - opens in a new window
  • Email page

Create PDF document

Add web pages to PDF bundle for download

How to use PDF generator


Pages in bundle

Page successfully added to PDF Creator
Page successfully removed from PDF Creator


Print Bookmark
What is the Company's registered address and number?

WS Atkins plc
Woodcote Grove
Ashley Road
KT18 5BW
Tel: +44 1372 726140

The registered number of the Company is: 1885586
The Company is registered in England.

Where are the Company’s shares traded?

Ordinary shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange.

What is the WS Atkins plc ticker symbol on the London Stock Exchange?


How many shares were in issue as at 31 March 2017?


Who is the Company’s independent auditor?

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP

1 Embankment Place

London WC2N 6RH

When does WS Atkins plc report financial results?

The half year and preliminary results are announced in November and June respectively.

Where can I obtain a printed copy of the Annual Report & Accounts?

Copies can be obtained from our registrar or by calling the Company Secretariat on
+44 1372 726140.

I am receiving multiple copies of the Annual Report & Accounts.

Shareholders who receive duplicate sets of Company mailings owing to multiple accounts in their name should write to our registrar to have their accounts amalgamated.

How do I contact the Company’s Registrar?

Administrative enquiries about the holding of Atkins shares should be directed in the first instance to the registrar whose address is:

Capita Asset Services
The Registry
34 Beckenham Road

To speak to an advisor on the Atkins’ shareholder helpline please contact our registrar, Capita Asset Services on 0871 664 0300 (UK callers, calls cost 12p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge) or +44 (0)371 664 0300 (non-UK callers, calls will be charged at the applicable international rate). Lines are open 0900 to 1730, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.

Does WS Atkins plc pay a cash dividend?

Yes, the Company usually pays dividends twice yearly in January and August/September. Details of the amount of any dividend to be paid appear in the half year and preliminary financial results which are announced in November and June each year.

The preliminary results for the financial year ended 31 March 2017, which were announced on 15 June 2017, do not provide for a final dividend for the financial year ended 31 March 2017 to be paid. On 20 April 2017, the boards of directors of the Company and SNC-Lavalin announced they had reached agreement on the terms and conditions of a recommended all cash offer for the entire issued and to be issued share capital of the Company by SNC-Lavalin of 2,080 pence in cash per ordinary share of the Company. The offer price has been agreed on the basis that no final dividend for the financial year ended 31 March 2017 will be paid by the Company to its shareholders. If the Company announces, declares, makes or pays any dividend or other distribution prior to the acquisition becoming effective, SNC-Lavalin reserves the right to reduce the offer price by an amount equal to the amount of such dividend or distribution.

Can I take my dividend in shares?

Shareholders may choose to have their dividends proceeds reinvested in Atkins shares by participating in our Dividend Reinvestment Plan ("DRIP" or the "Plan"). Any shareholder wishing to obtain details of the Plan should contact our registrar.

Can I receive my cash dividend directly into my bank or building society account?

Yes. You should complete a Dividend Payment Instruction Form and return it to our registrar. These forms are sent with each dividend payment or can be downloaded by accessing My Atkins Shares, our share portal if you have registered to use this service.

When do I receive my dividend confirmation?

The Company provides a consolidated dividend confirmation once a year to those shareholders who have their dividends paid directly to their bank or building society account. Shareholders who have a dividend cheque sent to their registered address receive a dividend confirmation with each payment.

What do I do if I need a duplicate dividend confirmation?

Contact our registrar who will issue a duplicate. An administration charge will apply.

How do I confirm the number of shares that I hold?

You should contact our registrar. Alternatively, you can check your shareholding online by accessing My Atkins Shares, our share portal if you have registered to use this service.

What should I do if I lose my share certificate?

You should contact our registrar and ask for a replacement. You will be sent a form of indemnity to sign and return. There may be an indemnity charge for a lost or destroyed share certificate where the value of the shares exceeds £100. A new certificate will then be sent to you. Please note that our registrar makes a charge for this service. If you hold your shares through a CREST account, you will not hold any share certificate(s). Instead, you should receive a statement indicating the number of shares you hold from the broker or financial institution through whom you bought the shares. If you lose this, replacement statements can be issued as required by contacting your service provider.

What happens if a shareholder dies?

Inform our registrar by sending a certified copy of the death certificate together with the original Grant of Probate (or a sealed office copy) or the Letters of Administration. The name of the deceased's personal representative(s) will be substituted on our share register while the estate is finalised. In the case of a joint holding only the certified death certificate is required together with the share certificates in order to register the shares into the sole survivor's name.

There are options for the person entitled to the shares to be registered as the holder of them or for the shares to be transferred or sold. Please contact our registrar who will provide further details.

What do I need to do if I want to transfer my shares to someone else?

You should complete a stock transfer form and send it with your share certificate to our registrar. Copies of these forms can be downloaded by accessing My Atkins Shares, our share portal.

Who do I notify if I have changed my name or address?

You should write to our registrar. If you move house, then you should give details of both your old and new address. If your name has changed, then you should enclose a copy of your marriage certificate in the case of marriage or a copy of the legal document confirming your name change in other cases together with your share certificate(s) for amendment. Alternatively you can amend your personal details by accessing My Atkins Shares, our share portal.

Do you have shareholder meetings?

As a shareholder, each year you will be invited to attend our Annual General Meeting (AGM). If there is a particularly important matter to decide that cannot wait until the next AGM, shareholders may be called to a General Meeting.

When is the next Annual General Meeting?

Our next Annual General Meeting will be held on 19 September 2017.

What happens at the Annual General Meeting?

The Annual General Meeting is the main shareholder event of the year. The meeting reviews our performance over the past year and provides an opportunity for shareholders to ask questions and vote on key issues. These include, for example, the adoption of our Annual Report, the election of directors and the re-appointment of auditors. Shareholders are given the opportunity to ask questions relating to the items on the meeting agenda.

Shareholders will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the Company and its activities. There may also be special business to vote on, for example, proposals to change the Company's articles of association, which govern the Company's activities.

What if I cannot attend the Annual General Meeting?

If you cannot attend the meeting in person, you can still express your views on the matters for discussion at the meeting. The Company's articles of association provide that all substantive decisions (i.e. all the items listed in the Notice of Meeting sent out to members) must be approved by shareholders. Before the meeting, if your shares are registered in your own name, we will send you a proxy voting form, or you can vote online by accessing My Atkins Shares, our share portal. You should indicate whether you wish to vote for, against or withhold your vote on each of the items (resolutions) due to be decided at the meeting. You may also appoint the Chairman of the meeting, to cast your proxy vote the way you want, or for the Chairman to vote using his discretion.

Alternatively, you may name someone else to go to the meeting and vote for you – your proxy. If your shares are registered in the name of your nominee, the nominee will receive the proxy form.

Where can I find the latest presentation by the Company?

Please access the Investor Presentations section of our website for presentations given by the Company.

How do I stop unsolicited mail?

The Company is obliged by law to make its share register available to third parties who may then use it for a mailing list. If you are a UK shareholder and you wish to limit the receipt of unsolicited mail you may do so by registering with The Mailing Preference Services (MPS). You can register online at or via telephone on +44 20 7291 3310.

Can I give shares to charity?

We support ShareGift, the charity share donation scheme administered by The Orr Mackintosh Foundation (registered charity number 1052686). Through ShareGift, shareholders who have a very small number of shares which might be considered uneconomic to sell are able to donate them to charity. Donated shares are aggregated and sold by ShareGift, the proceeds being passed on to a wide range of UK charities. Donating shares to charity gives rise neither to a gain nor loss for UK Capital Gains purposes and UK taxpayers may also be able to claim income tax relief on such gifts of shares.

How do I transfer the relevant shares to ShareGift?

ShareGift transfer forms are available from our registrar.

Even if the share certificate has been lost or destroyed, the transfer can be completed. The service is usually free, however there may be an indemnity charge for a lost or destroyed share certificate where the value of the shares exceeds £100. Further details about ShareGift can be obtained from or at:

PO Box 72253
Telephone: +44 20 7930 3737